Luminaire has been a pioneering force in the design world for over 40 years, comprising our showroom locations in addition to its corporate office and website. Our unparalleled product selection and public events featuring the world’s most renowned designers reflect our core philosophy: design is transformative and should be accessible to all.
A career at Luminaire will inspire your dreams, elicit new thought and encourage discovery. We hire talented people and encourage them to be an integral part of our team. Hard work, dedication, and the creativity that comes from working in a design-driven industry make Luminaire an ideal place for employment.
We invite you to explore what Luminaire has to offer you. To apply, please fill out our Employment Application Form, then email it, along with your resume to [email protected]
Sales & Design Consultant
Combine your passion for design with your exceptional selling skills and take charge of your future. Utilize your talent, remarkable interpersonal skills and a keen eye for detail to present our philosophy of design. The Sales & Design Consultant is responsible for generating sales opportunities through a variety of techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate leads and turning them into opportunities for sales.
• Contact potential customers via telephone, email and face to face.
• Work to KPI’s and revenue targets as set by the Showroom Manager.
• Arrange meetings with prospects in order to demonstrate products.
• Negotiate prices with potential customers and closing sales.
• Identify opportunities for new business within the market.
• Pay attention to competitors and their activities within the industry.
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
• Ensure all administration related to sales in completed effectively.
• Work closely with other departments and finding opportunities to cross-sell
Bachelor’s degree (BA) with two to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven ability to drive sales and generate new business.
• Relevant industry experience ideally gained from a competitor business.
• Confident and experienced negotiator able to drive revenue.
• Ambitious and driven personality with a hunger for success.
• Computer skills required: Design Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint).
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
• Writes clearly and informatively