Luminaire has been a pioneering force in the design world for over 40 years, comprising our showroom locations in addition to its corporate office and website. Our unparalleled product selection and public events featuring the world’s most renowned designers reflect our core philosophy: design is transformative and should be accessible to all.
A career at Luminaire will inspire your dreams, elicit new thought and encourage discovery. We hire talented people and encourage them to be an integral part of our team. Hard work, dedication, and the creativity that comes from working in a design-driven industry make Luminaire an ideal place for employment.
We invite you to explore what Luminaire has to offer you. To apply, please fill out our Employment Application Form, then email it, along with your resume to [email protected]
Oversee general warehouse operations including shipping and receiving, storage, and retrieval of product, internal transfer of merchandise between locations, and related administration and computer reporting. Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising of all warehouse employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all inventory control procedures, including inventory management and cycle counting. Generate inventory reports. Review and audit for discrepancies and make necessary corrections
- Plan, schedule, and maintain records for all warehouse operations, such as customer deliveries, shipments received, and repairs; while ensuring completion of scheduled deliveries
- Work with Corporate office with departments such as Human Resources, Purchasing, and Finance in order to resolve issues of common nature
- Follow internal company information data entry system for updating and correcting data related to inventory, product location, shipments delivered, and shipments receive
- Maintain appropriate records of employee performance, including productivity, attendance, safety, and compensation reports
- Supervise and inspect daily loading and unloading of trucks
- Communicate customer service requirements to employees, while responding to concerns and potential issues
- Supervise furniture repair services are fully completed and ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Meet monthly/yearly budgeted closed sales/deliveries
- Manage direct budgeted expenses associated with warehouse/deliveries
- Run distribution reports of customer and inventory transfers for floor display. Evaluate distribution reports for accuracy of control numbers
- Evaluate staffing needs and adequately staff, train, and develop warehouse and delivery personnel. -Monitor goals and expectations for all direct reports
- Strive to improve team building for all direct reports
- Ensure the safety of all direct reports
- Maintain equipment in proper condition, including routine maintenance, licensing, and any other equipment related issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A/B.S) from a four year college or university, or two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a warehouse lead role managing hourly employees.Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy. Excellent problem solving skills and leadership qualities. Ability to work with all levels of company staff. Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oil feedback.