Articulating the functionality and simplicity of the cordless telephone, prolific designer Jasper Morrison’s stunning Punkt DP01 phone is an elegant combination of clear lines and ergonomic form. Re-interpreting the archetypal telephone, the designer turns the old fashioned handset upside down, setting it on a hammock-like base. This allows users to read the screen and operate the phone without picking it up. Its cordless DECT unit has a rubberized back that permits easy use of the handset’s keyboard, as it lies facing upwards on any surface; its magnetic system allows it to sit in either horizontal or upright positions when in its cradle. This simplified interface means the only keys found to be necessary besides those of the numbers are the basic keys of: on, off, phone book and answer phone. DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) is a flexible digital radio access standard for cordless communications that makes use of several advanced digital radio techniques to achieve efficient use of the radio spectrum.
- A DECT phone with integrated answering machine in a very compact design
- Clearly readable thanks to its big keys and the large fonts displayed on the screen
- The handset lays stable on flat surfaces, for convenient hands free conversations
- Up to 6 phones, only one phone socket
- Memorize up to 100 entries in the contact list with 3 different numbers for each entry
- Maximum transmission range: 40 m indoor, 200 m outdoor