Abundance Airtight Canister
Designer Kate Chung’s Abundance Airtight Canisters blend Chinese philosophy with insightful design to create a functional storage item for the kitchen. While one of the key Chinese philosophies describes that the earth is square and the heaven is round to demonstrate the stability and the mobility, the yin and yang, Chung takes the line and uses terra cotta and a silicone cap to translate the thinking into modern airtight canisters with a touch of Zen. Further tradition is apparent in the name,read as “man”, meaning abundance, is often written in calligraphy on a piece of red paper and stuck outside of rice containers in the beginning of a new year to wish for a good year. With a whisk of imagination, you can also turn them into a sleek vase.
- Functional canisters provide additional storage on kitchen countertops and keep contents fresher for longer
- Made of terra-cotta, the canisters feature a black, raw exterior and a red interior
- The lid is made of silicone and contrasts the smoothness of the man-made material with the rawness of the natural canister
- Chinese tradition is apparent in the name, æ»¿ï¼read as âmanâ, meaning abundance, is often written in calligraphy on a piece of red paper and stuck outside of rice containers in the beginning of a new year to wish for a good year
- Made in China by skilled craftsmen according to traditional Chinese methods