Inspired by the concept of purifying and re-interpreting the aesthetic beauty found in everyday objects, designer Catherine Lovatt’s porcelain plate subtracts from the archetypal form creating a functional object with a unique design language. The unique design eschews the superfluous to focus on the core elements of the object: the round – yet cylindrical – container and a most unique interpretation of handles realized in tubular forms. Her series of tableware exploring the possibilities of simple, geometric forms create an inspiring table-scape that adds life and vibrancy to the daily routine.
- A simple and well edited design that adds function and atmosphere to the tabletop
- Unique form is a result of careful reduction in the superfluous
- Part of Lovatt's exploration of geometric forms
- Made from porcelain; exterior is raw and interior is glazed
- Available in natural ceramic or warm grey colors