Disguised by its clever design, Yael Mer & Shay Alkalay’s Deskbox is more than what meets the eye. The minimal wall-mounted box conceals its true function, appearing as a sculptural object. But, with a simple pull of the front, the wood and steel box extends to create a small desk. the perfect solution if space is in short supply, Deskbox is a compact and elegant workspace ideal for using a laptop. When done, simply push it back to revert to a closed box that keeps clutter out of sight. Made by Arco, a dutch manufacturer of minimal wood furniture, Desk Box recalls the company’s history making parts for sewing machines. The ingenious movement is made possible by a mechanism similar to what is used in compartmentalized sewing machines which allow the front section to hinge down and provide a flat surface for working on. Adding new function to small spaces, Deskbox is a superbly unique design that balances form and function with ease.
- Deskbox is a practical wall-mounted box that can be extended to create a small desk
- The perfect solution if space is in short supply
- Creates a compact and elegant workspace - ideal for using a laptop
- Pushed back to form a closed box that is half the size of the desk
- The only hint at its true function is a small hole for holding a pencil that is exposed when closed
- When open, the depth is 23.5 inches/60cm
- Oak Wood