Designed by Shigeru Ban, the 10-Unit System from Artek is a novel furniture concept thatis based on L-shaped units that can be combined in all sorts of ways to make furniture â a chair, a table, a bench. Putting furniture together and disassembling it is made easy by the ingenious yet simple design.The highly ecological and ethical 10-Unit System is made from UPM ProFi, an environmentally innovative wood plastic composite. Its principal raw materials are recycled paper and plastic. The composite has proved to be tough and humidity resistant. It is an environmentally sustainable material that can be disposed of by incineration, or recycled back into the production process. All materials in the composite are non-toxic.
- The pieces are made of a composite material, primarily composed of recycled paper and plastic
- The system comprises L-shaped components that can be combined to make various items of furniture
- Environmentally friendly as no toxic material is used
- The composite is very strong and stands up to repeated wear and humidity
- Upm Profi Wood Plastic Composite