Bend Side Chair
The Bend Side Chair by German studio Jehs+Laub expresses and effortless lightness in its design. Through exploration of materiality and form, the designers worked to devise a stackable chair that would provide comfort and durability while remaining timeless in appearance. Resisting over styling, the design duo eliminated elements which were not essential along the way, resulting in a paired down chair that stands the test of time. The stackable frame of the chair is made of die-cast and extruded aluminum and is lacquered in black. The matching black seat is created from an innovative woven mesh that adapts to users for a pleasant sitting experience. With clean lines and slender proportions, the Bend Side Chair is a modern seat for use at home or in the office or public spaces.
- Stackable side chair with mesh upholstery
- Designed for home, office, and communal areas
- Frame in black lacquered aluminum with black mesh
- Mesh shell is stretched around frame for seamless look
- Winner of the prestigious Compasso dâOro Prize (2012)
- Polyester Fiber