A collection of five steel chairs with a remarkable optical effect, young Japanese designer Junya Ishigami’s Family Chairs are light, harmonious and functional. Each chair in the series features a distorted shape which could be read as a result of being placed under a magnifying lens. Influenced by a family gathered around a table, with each person having their own unique characteristics yet having the some basic unity, Ishigami’s chairs have individual personalities created with the same elements. The versatile chairs are powder coated in white and feature an additional cataphoresis coating which makes them suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Collection of five chairs
- Structure in 12mm tubular steel, curved using a numeric control machine with 15mm tubular steel legs welded together with internal reinforcement
- Seat mesh is 3mm steel wire with a 40x40mm diagonal weave, individually rolled for each seat
- Powder coated with white epoxy paint
- Finished with cataphoresis coating suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Tubular Steel
- Epoxy Paint