Siwa Small Paper Pouch
An innovative combination of traditional craft and contemporary design, Naoto Fukasawa has partnered with Onao, one of Japan’s oldest paper manufacturers for the Siwa collection of bags and accessories. Perfect for carrying small items like eyeglasses, the Small Pouch holds essentials items that can easily get lost in a larger bag. The pouch has a self closing mechanism hidden inside of the top opening ensuring to hold everything safe and secure. Made from wood pulp and polyolefin using traditional Japanese paper manufacturing techniques, the unique paper is soft and flexible while at the same time extremely strong and water resistant. Siwa, pronounced ‘shiwa,’ means wrinkle in Japanese and references the natural creasing in the paper after they have been produced. The paper takes on the texture of worn-in leather and, as the products are used, the material begins to further soften and takes on a unique patina.
- Soft Naoron (paper made of wood pulp and polyolefin using "washi suki" paper manufacturing process)
- Highly water resilient
- Strong and flexible yet soft to the touch
- Material continues to soften and takes on a unique patina
- Self closing mechanism hidden located inside of the top ensures everything is kept safe and secure.
- Naoron Paper (Wood Pulp And Polyolefin)